Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hospitals.

One step,
Two steps,
Three steps.

A place of emotions -

Joy.

Sorrow.

Pain.

Anger.

Fear.

Anxiety.

HOPE.


What hope?

Hope for a better day tomorrow?

Or is it another day to endure?

Another day of suffering?




Hospitals.

As a healthcare provider student, I always have mixed feelings when going to the hospital.


The first one is where I enter a hospital as a student - to gain new knowledge, to learn, to help people.

But the other one is where I enter the hospital as a visitor.


And nope, I don't like this feeling.
You see them at their lowest.

What is going to happen to them?

What comes after this?

..After tonight?

....The next morning?

What can you do when you see them?

Worry for them?



Yes people do have their ups and downs,
And being in the hospital (no matter you or someone you know!) is where they are at one of their lowest point.


I really don't know - I couldn't bear to look at my friend for too long. 


Father LORD, 
Only You know how that person's condition is.
No matter what happens, 
Father LORD you lay Your healing hands upon this person, 
Be with this person as this person goes through one of the lowest points of life.
Instil in this person the confidence that tomorrow will be a better day, 


Psalm 23:4 
"Even though I walk 
 through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil, 
for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff, 
they comfort me." (NIV)



This, my friend, is a verse for you.
You might not know of Him,
but call upon Him, and He will listen.



All this I ask and pray in His mighty and precious name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment